Springtime!
Well, it has been hectic since I have been back to work and had a "chemo scare", but I think I am getting caught up with things. We went to the mayo Clinic for a second opinion at the suggestion of the oncologist here. Quite frankly, he wasn't sure what to do with me. All of different aspects of my cancer was right under the indications for chemo. The breast oncologist at the Mayo Clinic said right away that I am not a candidate, my tumor is just too small. Praise the Lord for that, but in pushing back my surgery until we saw that doctor, I still haven't had my second surgery. My surgery is now scheduled for June 15th. I am ready for it and to move on.
Avery and I are wrapping up the first grade. We have 3 more weeks left. He has done so well! We are both ready for a break, so is Matthew! Tonight was Avery's last baseball game of the season. He loves it and has really gotten into it! I am posting pics.
Matthew is doing well and getting bigger, he prefers football to baseball and insisted that he needed football cleats when I got Avery's for baseball. They are so cute!
Springtime also means that we emerge for from our winter hibernation! We have been back at church for the last month and Avery has loved sunday school. Matthew is still not so sure. I never put him in the nursery, so this is new for him. He is getting used to it. I asked him what he learned a couple week ago and he said, "Mmm, I don't remember". Avery heard us and told Matthew, "Just say you learned about God, that is a always a good answer!" lol
Our fabo babysitter Sally is home now, and we are so excited! The kids love her so much and that means I get to sleep when Shaw goes to work, at least for the next few months! She has already helped me tremendously around the house.
Hopefully, my posts will be more frequent now that things are settling down a bit.
I had no idea you had cancer. How did I miss this? Praying for you. Kids are growing so fast!
ReplyDeletePraising God with you and continuing to pray for your healing. Your guys are certainly growing up and I know you are enjoying homeschooling. Let me know if I can help.
ReplyDelete