For july 4th my mother-in-law, Mary, and my little niece, Rebekah, came to spend a few days here. Our babysitter and good friend, Sally, and her parents had a cook out by their pool. We went to that and the kids had an awesome time swimming and eating. I still cannot get in the water because I have one remaining drain. We had a great time visiting and eating awesome food. My niece, Rebekah, is so sweet and the boys had a great time playing with her. After the cook out, we came home for a little rest and then headed out for the fireworks. We parked and sat in the yard of our church and had a great view. The kids loved them and said that they were not too loud. The kids sat in front of us on the ground and we got some great pics!
With Sally
Sweet cousins at the fireworks
The next Sunday I went back to work. It went ok. We were really busy, but I am orienting one our new nurses for the next 3 to 4 weeks, so that helped. She has already been on day shift for 2 months, so really she just needs a little help with paperwork and for me to be a sounding board and given direction a little. I really worked her too! She was awesome! She just kept taking everything I gave her. He name is Marti, and she has been a nurse for 2 years in ICU. My back did start hurting after about 6 hours of us busting it, but then we had a chance to sit down for a little while and talk. I took some Motrin, and my back felt better. I still have my drain, but I go back Friday, so maybe it will come out. I really missed the kids, but they had fun with Shaw. We are going to start getting back to our normal routine soon.
I turned the playroom (previously the dining room) into the school room, AND I LOVE IT! I ordered 2 new desks for the kids and am going to move the dining room table to the attic, hopefully. I will post pics when it is all done. I am so excited about it! We are going to start August first with all the public schools here, and it will give us more freedom throughout the year.
All in all, I am doing really well and am just moving forward. i am going to see the GYN oncologist soon I hope. All my records are being faxed there today. Will let everyone know how that goes. Hope everyone else is well, and will post soon about the schoolroom and the kids well visits this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment