This week we have been slammed in labor and delivery. Most of us are working 4 12 hour shifts this week because one of our coworkers is out until next week. All of us are SOOO tired from doing overtime for the last month during the holidays and the pace of work during the holidays. The busyness has kept on through this week. We were so busy last night I went to the bathroom once at 2a and that was it, no supper or anything. All of us were so exhausted by morning, but labor patients and inductions just kept coming in! BUT in the midst of all the chaos this week, I really had some great patients. There were several this week that were a lot of fun and SOO happy to be having their babies-and that makes it all worth it. You probably do not realize this, but on the 7p-7a shift we have a lot of outpatients and inductions to admit that stay all night. So, if you ask how many babies we had and I say 2, that does not mean that we were not busy.
Our wonderful babysitter is going back to college Sunday, so the little bit of sleep that I was getting while she was here will be gone again. Sally has been our babysitter since Avery was 1 month old and she was 12. The kids adore her and miss her SO much now that she is in college. This morning, she took them to Monkey Joe's so I could sleep for a while. They had a great time! We miss you already, Sally!
Cute things that the kids are doing now..... Matthew will only wear the same outfit everyday. His Clemson shirt and sweatpants. I have other Clemson clothes for him, but he wants that EXACT outfit everyday. Avery has followed and wants to wear this same shirt and jeans everyday saying, "I look handsome in this, don't you think, Mommy?" of course!
This morning Avery said ,"Mommy, I think that we need to go get one of those kids without food and clothes and bring them here to live with us. I think that every family in America needs to bring one of those homeless and starving children home to their house to live, you know those without parents. Then, maybe there wouldn't be any left and everyone would have a home and food." I said, "well, maybe..." Then he said," but how will we find one for us?" I said, "Well, if God wants us to have one of those babies, then he will bring him to us and we will know." Avery said, "ok, then." Can you believe how sweet that is? I guess I have used that starving, homeless example a little too much, but I guess I am getting the message across.
Matthew still remains faithful to my belly button, football, and reading books. He is at such a sweet and cuddly age. He is always getting eaten by me and Shaw (of course, Avery is too). He thinks that Avery or RA-RA as he calls him is the best thing ever. He always wants to be in the same room with him and follows him around constantly.
Thankfully, both of them are very understanding of their tired Mommy and seem to understand that I need to take a nap after working the night before. I have even had a killer migraine when Shaw was at work before and Avery took Matthew in their room to play. They were quiet and Avery came and checked on me a few times and refilled my ice pack. I was in bed all day. Avery even got them snacks throughout the day. I finally felt better around 5p. Both of them are now all the time trying to help Mommy stay away from migraine triggers, mainly chocolate and caffeine. Even Matthew will say when I wake up sometimes, "Your head hurt, Mommy?" I know I have gone on and on, but they are so sweet and we enjoy them so much.
I am leaving you with a couple of pictures of them playing.
Enjoying doughnuts
Matthew the knight
Avery's sign to direct people to their playhouse
The "playhouse"
Avery loses his second tooth, you see that the adult tooth was almost all the way in
Your boys are such a blessing. I can tell they are very happy and SMART! Do they like to read as much as you used to? I remember that you used to always have a book in your hand.:)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jess. They are such a blessing. They do LOVE to read, but their Daddy hates to read! Isn't that hilarious that I would marry a nonreader.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed hearing about your life and family! The children are getting so big. How old are they now? Teaching a child to read is so much fun, isn't!
ReplyDeleteHeather, they are 5 and 2. It was so much fun to teach Avery how to read. The first time the light bulb went off in his head was so awesome! When he finally GOT that the sounds make words was so neat. So far homeschooling is fun and a blessing
ReplyDelete