Well, I am going to try again because the kids are getting so big, and they say so many cute things that I do not want to forget. Hopefully, this time I can figure out the layout of the blog and keep it up. I am going to try to make this blog about a working mom's struggle to get everything done each day and the struggle we have with guilt I know we all feel about being away so much. I also know that we are all doing the best we can, and should not feel guilty about helping our husband with the finances; nevertheless, I know we do. It is a struggle to fit everything in between work, housework, cooking, shopping, homework, homeschooling, working out (hopefully), disciplining consistently, your own quiet time with the Lord, devotions with the kids, spending quality time with your husband and kids, and then, oh yeah, we need to sleep sometime too. Please include comments and suggestions wherever you have them to help all of us. We all need a little help and encouragement sometimes or all the TIME!
CHRISTMAS
We had a great Christmas this year complete with Auntie Cristina and SNOW! Not very much, but it was nice. The kids got a bunch of costumes and games this year. We have had a great time with them, and I am going to try to include a few pictures. Both Avery and Matthew loved having Cristina here for 4 days and really did not want her to leave. Avery is really starting to understand the meaning of Christmas and it is so sweet to hear him talk about it and ask questions about it. I heard him telling Matthew that Christmas was not about the presents, but about celebrating Jesus' birth. Matthew said,"No, it's not! It's about-GO TIGERS!!" Well, I guess you can see who trained who in this family! lol. We went to the Christmas Eve service together and the kids really enjoyed the singing and the candles. I went to work at 11p-7a, so they were in bed when I left and when I got home. I had to wake them up and say,"It's Christmas! Get up!". I was SO excited that I did not miss anything by being at work this time. The kids were so cute and excited. Shaw read the Christmas story again and then we thanked the Lord for the abundance that we have been blessed with this year and for Jesus' birth. We had fun watching them open presents and Matthew throw his presents across the room when he could not get into them! Later, we napped and had roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and pumpkin pie. Cristina cooked for us and it WAS so yummy! What a nice family day it was. Snow actually came the next day. Just enough to stick to the porch and bushes, but not the ground. The kids still enjoyed it though.
We started back with school the Monday after Christmas and the day Cristina left. Avery is doing well and it is going a little quicker now. He seems to enjoy it more also. He is reading signs and anything he picks up really. Even Matthew will point at a work and say, What does that say, Mommy?". So sweet. Avery is learning to focus on one subject for a little longer and not get so frustrated when he doesn't get it the first time. I really try to focus on trying and applying yourself more than actual grades, which I am sure all you know and know why. He is doing really well grade wise actually, but let's not focus on that. I love spending the time with both of them during school and listening to their questions. Matthew is learning the basics, shapes, colors, etc. The other day he pointed out a cactus and said,"Look, mommy, there is a cactus!" I was like, wow, yeah, it is. Shaw is doing a great job also with school. I do the planning and organizing and picking curriculum, but he also likes to be involved. I leave a list of what we did not get to that day, and they usually finish. Days I work, I usually start school and Shaw finishes after I go to bed.
About work, we are working extra and have been for a while, due to being understaffed. Any extra nights I work, I have to stay up and not sleep. Shaw is going to work that day so we switch in the am. I know a lot of you have these kinds of hectic schedules. It is nice for us because we do not work at the same time, we have never had to use daycare. I am happy about that and know that one day I will sleep normally again. When Avery says,"Mom you are the best teacher ever, thank you for teaching me at home, I love you so much!" Everything is worth it, isn't it? When Matthew says," I wuve you, I missed you!" and gives me a big smooch, I would stay up even more than I already do! I know, all of our hard work is paying off and worth it! Just nice to hear it sometimes, right?
Gretchen, Thanks for letting me know you stopped by our family blog and leaving me your link! We miss you guys too! Your boys are so grown up! Looking forward to keeping up with you all!
ReplyDelete