Matthew's 4th Birthday
March 7, 2012
We celebrated Matthew's 4th birthday with my parents and sister Cristina, but the camera messed up near the end so we didn't get pictures of everyone. I had a class in Savannah that day, so I made most of the food beforehand and picked up fried chicken on the way home. I got home about 7p and then we started the party. Avery was very sweet, helping Matthew open presents and getting excited about each one for him. The boys main present was their x-box and x-box kinect, so there were just a few presents to open. He got some beautiful "finding" books from my parents (which they knew he loved but needed some suitable for his age) and an indoor baseball bat, gloves, and ball for both of them. Shaw and I also got him a Robin Hood costume and new toothbrush. After they opened the baseball set they weren't interested in anything else really. We had a great time visiting and celebrating my sweet little guys birth. We always tell him that we all wanted him so much, even Avery! I had 2 miscarriages after I had Avery, so we were all so excited to have him. I felt like we had waited and prayed for him for so long! He has been nothing but a joy since I first found out that I was pregnant. I have also loved watching Avery be such a wonderful big brother. He is so selfless with Matthew almost to a fault. Last week, we were talking about the American Red Cross and how it was started. I was telling the boys when they were old enough, they could give blood. I reminded them how the blood that Matthew received saved his life and how we should be willing to give the blood back. Avery was very distressed and said, "Well, only for my brother, but Mom, I have to die right?" Can you believe that?" I started crying and said, "No, baby, but you would be willing to die for you brother?" He said, "Yes, I would Mommy. I am glad I don't have to though."
Here are a few pictures that we did end up getting!
No comments:
Post a Comment