Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back to work

Well, tomorrow night I go back to work, but I don't want to. Physically, I am ready, I think. I will miss my babies, though. Four weeks of being home was nice, I have to admit. I am a little nervous about going back to work because my range of motion in especially the left arm is not back to normal and it is painful to reach up still. I do need to go back to work as my vacation and sick time are all gone now, and there is no reason to be home anymore. If I had a less physical job, I might have been able to go back 2 weeks ago, but we do so many things that require pushing, pulling, and sometimes running. Please pray as I go back that it will go smoothly.
I know that not many people read my blog that do not know what is going on, so I am going to given updates this way sometimes. If you stumble upon this and do not know what is going on, feel free to email me. My next surgery is going to be mid May hopefully the 17th or 18th is we can get that. I am going to have the latissimus dorsi FLAP done, since when the pathology came back, they found the cancer was so near my skin that they want to take some more skin. Only on the the left side though. The recovery time is about the same, 4 weeks will hopefully be enough. Still no chemo or radiation, because there is no cancer there right now, just prophalaxis. Why didn't they do it during the first surgery? They were not positive that it was that near the skin until the pathology came back. So that is 7 weeks until the next one. Thank you for everyone's prayers and support. I really am doing well.
The kids have enjoyed me being home, I know. i have to remind myself of all those reasons that I chose to go back to work in the first place, and I know we made the right decision when I see Shaw with the boys: playing baseball, playing football, snuggling in the bed when I get home from work, etc. I am glad that I can help my family out and allow my husband to be home way more than most dad's get to be. I still miss them. We have been able to keep up with school pretty well also, thank goodness. I should be done with Avery and ready for summer break by the end of my next time off, which will be mid-June (we didn't start until Nov 1st.) This coming up year, we are going to start when everyone else does so I can have more leeway during the year. My third surgery will hopefully be mid August, 8 weeks back at work again before the next one. That one should not be as long of a recovery, because they will only be changing out the expander implants for the permanent silicone ones. Then, maybe I will not feel such pressure during the year and be able to enjoy things a little more. Like science and history. I enjoy having Avery home so much and have no idea when we will send him to school. I would miss him SOOO much and so would Shaw and Mamu.
Please continue to pray as I go back to work and have these upcoming surgeries. I know that God is on control of every part of my life, including finances. I know that He will provide for us as I am out of work for so long also. Thanks everyone for all you guys have done for me and continue to do. Will let everyone know I work goes next week....

3 comments:

  1. Sending up prayers for you my sweet friend. God is good all the time. All the time God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippians 4:6-7
    6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess,
    thank you so much for the encouragement! I have appreciated it so much through all of this! Work actually went just fine. We were actually SLAMMED and i did great, I thought. I was just about able to keep up with everyone else. Thankfully, I am pretty fast anyway, so slow for me is still ok. I have actually struggled with worry since forever, so thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete